November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!

I am thankful every day, but look forward to a national day of reflection on Thanksgiving. I am thankful for just being able to see yet another year, to marvel at the increased independance and understanding of my special needs angel, and for renewed faith. I am thankful for parents that love me unconditionally and for family, although some what remote, that still warms my heart.

I am thankful I live in a country that allows us the freedoms that exist and for the soldiers that fight to keep those very same freedoms. I am thankful for all of the people who have reached out to me and my child to help her grow healthy and well adjusted. The Teachers, the physical, occupational and speech therapists. All of the service coordinators and agencies.

I am thankful for my church home, my pastor and his leadership. I am thankful for all my sisters and brothers in Christ. Who have listened, counseled, hugged , laughed and cried with me.

I am also thankful to my online friends and "family". Those who have inspired me, encouraged me, made me laugh, challenged me and even taunted me. You keep my spirits high and allow me to shine.

But most of all, I am thankful for my Jesus. One who gives me breath in my body, legs to walk with, hearing and sight. A voice to speak His praises and a mind to discern my world.

Today, I am thankful.

No comments: