October 30, 2005

The Gift That Keeps On Giving



Okay, Im sick. And so is Lil Sepia. Listening to the arias of sneezing, coughing, and wheezing is in STEREO now. Just great. Anyway, this saga starts with me going back to work and within two weeks, I wind up with a bug. But the trail could lead to my little diva's school. Kids are living, breathing carriers of the most obnoxious and vile bacteria known to man. I have a feeling that if scientists looked into the germination of the cold virus, as it relates to playdoh, barney, or gum under desks, we COULD find a cure.

But back to my new job. Last week several of the gang in my department should have been fitted for biohazard suits. Mind you, I had to sit with these very same contagious individuals to gain some training for my job. If I had known that the Bubonic plaque was part of my job description, I would have held out for more money. So unbeknownst to me and caught up in the ecstasy of being employed again, I failed to take precautions. Like ask my boss to have the training done at the main office of the CDC (Center for Disease Control).

I made it through the week and it figures that the 1st symptoms, (scratchy throat, stuffy nose), hit on the weekend. Not that I had PLANS, but the option not to feel akin to Typhoid Mary would have been nice. So as I self medicate with cold tablets, soup, and orange juice, I prepare my submission to the CSI team to seek the culprit of this malady. I want this weekend assassin to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law! If it's my boss, I want another weekend WITH PAY. And if it's Lil Jerome, Lashaunda or that teacher with the chia pets for eyebrows, I want them to get an automatic detention!

Now, let me get back to my herbal tea.

*cough hack wheeze*

No comments: